What Types of Services Can an Arborist Offer?
Arborists can provide the following services:
- Pruning: Arborists can determine the type of pruning needed to maintain the tree’s health. Additionally, pruning is dangerous work and should therefore be performed by a certified arborist who knows proper safety techniques.
- Tree removal: Because trees play such an important role, tree removal is a last resort. But there are times when it is necessary. An arborist can determine if removal is necessary or not.
- Emergency tree care: If storms or other sudden causes damage to trees, arborists can determine what is best for the tree and perform any necessary pruning, removals, etc.
- Planting: Arborists can recommend the right tree for the right location and some will plant it for you.
Where Can I Hire
a Certified Arborist?
The following are a few tips to help you select an arborist:
- Look for someone who is licensed from an accredited organization, such as the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture). Arborists in Western Pennsylvania should be members of the Penn Del chapter of the ISA .
- Make sure the person/company has insurance.
- Consider more than one bid and when selecting one be sure to get it in writing.
- Membership in other professional organizations, such as NAA (National Arborist Association) or the ASCA (American Society of Consulting Arborists) shows a willingness to stay up-to-date on the latest information