Tree Pittsburgh Board Member Recruitment
Tree Pittsburgh is accepting new board member applications for four-year terms of service to begin in January 2024. Members elected to the board will have the opportunity to participate in supporting Tree Pittsburgh’s growth as we carry out the organization’s ambitious strategic plan. Our board of directors is charged with the governance of Tree Pittsburgh as well as amplifying its work through volunteering, fundraising, and advocating for opportunities to expand and protect the tree canopy across Allegheny County.
For this election cycle, we are seeking candidates with professional experience and perspectives in the following areas:
- Donor cultivation and relationships
- Finance or accounting
- Community engagement or advocacy
- Communications or marketing
We encourage and welcome candidates who reflect the representation of the racial, cultural, age, gender, and geographic diversity of the constituents of Tree Pittsburgh work in our region.
Please click this linkto learn more about our Board of Directors and duties at Tree Pittsburgh.
Board application process:
- September 2023 — Applications accepted for seats on the board of directors. Applications are requested on or before September 29, 2023.
- October 2023 – Tree Pittsburgh’s Board Development committee will contact applicants regarding their status, and schedule and conduct interviews as applicable.
- November 2023 – Board Development committee develops recommendations and Tree Pittsburgh Board votes on board candidates.
- January 23, 2024 — Newly elected board members attend first official board meeting.
- Quarter 1 of 2024 — Annual board retreat (date to be determined)
To apply for a board position, please send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and Board Member in the subject line (e.g.: Smith_Board Member).
Or mail a hard copy of each to:
Tree Pittsburgh, 32 62nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201